cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERITAS 9.1 HP DAT72 USB

Simon_Fearon
Level 2
I can't get Veritas to pick up the HP DAT72 USB drive, Windows picks it up fine and I can install the HP drivers (V 1.5.3.2) but if I run either tapeinst.exe or the device configuration wizard it still won't pick it up.

I have looked at the posting http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=53708&messageID=4394626 but it doesn't give me a solution as the correct driver is installed and it would appear other people have the problem as well.

Help!
8 REPLIES 8

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
I had the EXACT same issue with this device running in a basic HP server. You'll have NO choice but to upgrade to BE 10d. And the driver you're running will work just fine with 10d. I've installed the Symantec drivers, but I seem to get a touch better performance using the HP driver.

And good luck in asking the Symantec/Veritas folks for an answer. You'll be waiting quite some time and in the end you'll probably only get a link to some USELESS KB article that doesn't even relate to your issue. I'm shocked these fools actually get a paycheck.

Ken

Simon_Fearon
Level 2
Veritas support is a joke! Supply credit card for any questions or else post on this very slow (lots of broken links and 404 errors) site and hope for the best!

I'm going to leave this question open for another few days in the hope a symantec support technician can provide a solution!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
There are NO USB tape devices on the v9.1 HCL. http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/282347.htm

You can use a USB Hard Drive, but for USB Tape support, your only option is to upgrade to v10.0 at a minimum

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
Ken, I assume you don't work for Symantec/Veritas, but you should certainly be getting a check from them because your answers to these support topics GREATLY exceed their hired clowns!

STeve_O
Level 5
Its just to bad that the HCL wasnt checked first before purchasing this hardware

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Ken -

No, just another user

Back in the Seagate days (v6.11/7.0 - Am I dating myself there?) even though the techs were quite good, I often got the best answers from other users. Just figured that what went around should keep going around.

I have been invited to look at both v10 and v11 at the annual to-do and offer my comments, but by the time the invite arrives, I've already had my vacation scheduled both times. :(

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please update us on the issue?

Thank you,

Shweta

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Shweta's on the ball as always..