cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backupExec2012 - Weekly Full Backups Fifth Friday

LuigiL
Level 2

Hello,

We just migrated from BE 2010 to BE 2012, but I have a problem when configuring full backups every friday on a different tape. So I have 5 Full Bck jobs on 1st, 2nd ,3rd , 4th and last friday for a robot library. But some month the last friday is also the 4th friday, thus superseeded jobs.  Can somebody provide me a solution, how to solve the 5th friday (existed in BE2010) but doesn't exists in BE 2012?

Tnx

Luigi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

You may just need to tweak the 4th Friday job to look like this :

i.e. Add a full backup stage to the 4th Friday backup job and schedule it to run on Last Friday of every 1 month.

Upon conflicting schedule, the Last Friday Stage job should run.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

BE has a hidden rule such that if there is more than 1 stage in a job definiton that starts at the same time, the stage with this least frequent repeat interval will run.

So in your instance you create a weekly job stage to run at (for example) 20:00 on a Friday. Then you just need a monthly stage to run also on a Friday at 20:00. When the monthly and weekly clash, the monthly will run because of the hidden rule and it being less freqeuent. Note I am not 100% sure how the monthly handles your 5 week/4week description as I don't have the 2012 scheduler to look at.

LuigiL
Level 2

Hello,

Thnakyou for your fast reply , see hereby 2 printscreens of the jobs + calender for next July. Maybe this give you more details about the scheduler.

tnx

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

You may just need to tweak the 4th Friday job to look like this :

i.e. Add a full backup stage to the 4th Friday backup job and schedule it to run on Last Friday of every 1 month.

Upon conflicting schedule, the Last Friday Stage job should run.

LuigiL
Level 2

Ok tnx, that has been configured like you suggested .See print screen attached

Tnx for the advice

L