cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

be2010: corrupt file problem and alerts problem

MyLee
Level 4
  1. i have used backing up some normal file, just like outlook pst file and eplan file. it will generate some error when be2010 is running if someone was opening these pst file with outlook2010/2007 or eplan professional. the word and excel file are fine, even someone opened it. see attached named Corrupt LCK file.png
  2. if some error happened, the system bar will display one red cross and double click it will switch to Alert tab. if you choose all the errors and right click on the alerts, then choose Respond OK, the red cross should disappear, but on my server, it always stay there even no errors. just some normal log. see attached named Red cross Error.png.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MyLee
Level 4

Thanks bandi, the second one solved. just choose All alerts from Filter. I use Information alerts as default one.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Coming to alerts, you have set filter for informative alerts at the top right side of the window. Change it to errors. Now you are responding to informations only. Not to errors.

Coming to your first issue, can you please post the exact error message & if possible job log? 

Regards....

MyLee
Level 4

MyLee
Level 4

Thanks bandi, the second one solved. just choose All alerts from Filter. I use Information alerts as default one.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Cheers...

Refer the following TNs and try the workarounds mentioned in those to avoid the corrupt files error.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH90739

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH78262

Regards.......

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...unless you really need those *.lck files, I'd recommend excluding them in the backup...

MyLee
Level 4

I unticked the folders. Eplan file is not big problem, but pst file is.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

well, *.pst files would most likely be in use during a backup if people are either working in Outlook, or haven't closed it down. As such, when BE tries to back it up, it won't get a lock on it unless Advanced Open File is selected.

So if you don't have AOFO selected for the job, turn it on and see if this sorts out the issue...