cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote segmentation fault on SLES10 SP1 OES2

dragontiger
Not applicable

Hi.  I'm trying to install ralus on my SLES10 SP1 OES2 box.  Actually the install goes fine, but beremote will not start.  All that I get is a Segmentation Fault error message and nothing else.  I have tried several versions of ralus, including 12.5.2213, all with the same result.  GroupWise 7 is installed but not running (yet), otherwise everything is a standard patched OES2 install.  Post 10000 is available, no firewall is running. Running as root user.

At one point in troubleshooting I tried the legacy agent for UNIX and that loaded and I got a  backup (but no verify) of the root directory as a test.

The only thing I found odd was a warning in the install log, reading:  WARNING:  Unable to locate chcon - Change Security Context utility on Target system missing.

Any ideas what to check now?   

1 REPLY 1

spasticcp
Not applicable
Did you ever get a response on this?  I've spoken at length with Symantec support and have gotten nowhere.  I've received 3 different solutions that didn't work (one involved backrevving to the old Unix agent...huh?!!).  And now my case is sitting in limbo and apparently they are waiting on Novell to fix the issue for them.  Just curious if you already found your own workaround, or if you just gave up and went with another provider, something that we're about to do, had this issue opened since 12.5 came out and have been trying to even get the ralus agent STARTED since 11d....