cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not catalog and restore .BKF files

Kai_2
Level 2

Hi Guys,
i have the BKF file(s) from old version (11D), i try to restore it with our new Backup Exec 12.5 on new machine.

we created BKF using 11d and saved the BKF to our main storage (backup to disk folder), than i copied BKF file to external disk (usb) manualy (using copy & paste, not used job duplicate) because we need free space on our main storage, now i try to load the external disk (usb) with backup exec 12.5 on removal B2D folder media, then inventory (successful), catalog (successful) and try to restore.

But the catalog (BD2000025) not appear on 'general media', everytime i try to restore the error pop-up appear "The selected file media was not found in the catalogs, you must first catalog if you want to use it for restore operations."

please advice...

fyi, i can open the .bkf file using NtBackup Restore utility but it take a time to load and search the files.

thanks,
Kai
imagebrowser image

imagebrowser image

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kai_2
Level 2
phew.. thanks god, it was only by clik the "Begining Backup Date".. it will hiden your old backup if you set a start date. So it doesn't matter if you copy and paste the BKF file to other storage or external disk, you can always catalog the media.

i gives 2 thumb to backup exec 12.5

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kai_2
Level 2
phew.. thanks god, it was only by clik the "Begining Backup Date".. it will hiden your old backup if you set a start date. So it doesn't matter if you copy and paste the BKF file to other storage or external disk, you can always catalog the media.

i gives 2 thumb to backup exec 12.5

roni_my
Level 0
Hai Kai ,,
I have faced the same problem and it solved after I read your posting.
Thanks

mjm1231
Level 2
 I'm currently having the same problem, but not sure what you mean. I'm running BE 12.0, and have a folder with some year old .bkf files I would like to catalog or restore from.

When trying "catalog media", the dialog does not include any start date, and the restore, regardless of the start date I set, only shows already cataloged media. How do I catalog these old bkf files?

Also, ntbackup recognizes the root folder that was backed up but says it cannot read the catalog. Unfortunately, these were bkf files that BE seperated into 4GB files. It is possible I am missing one of the files from that series.

Philip_D
Level 5
If you click on Restore, there's a checkbox in the Restore Job Properties window that says "Beginning backup date."  Uncheck it to show all catalogued data.

That is what the original poster was talking about.

-Philip