Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel all "ready" tasks

bjorn_b
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello

Is there a way to "massively" cancal all ready tasks?

Scenario 1: You have a backup --> duplication setup, and your duplicate target has been offline for a couple of days (for some reason). Then, when this duplicate target becomes available, it might be that you don't have time to run the duplicates, but you would rather want the system to work fine from next backup

Scenario 2: You have a backup server that has had problems, and a lot of jobs is waiting to (even) start. You would rather want to correct errors and let backup exec work fine from next backup (or perhaps run som test backup jobs).

By design, Backup Exec won't let you do this, and I wonder - How on earth can I force Backup Exec to "give up" all the tasks that are still in queue? There must be a way (even if it requires SQL commands - I want to know how...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Cancel option is only applicable to something that is initiated and active. If the job is either on Hold or not started, it has not been initiated and hence can't be canceled. Anyways, this can be achieved easily by getting the targeted storage offline, remove the job off hold and cancel the job.

You could post this in the ideas section for the future releases.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Cancel option is only applicable to something that is initiated and active. If the job is either on Hold or not started, it has not been initiated and hence can't be canceled. Anyways, this can be achieved easily by getting the targeted storage offline, remove the job off hold and cancel the job.

You could post this in the ideas section for the future releases.