cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot able to restore data

braddock
Level 2

Good Day everybody! anyone please Help!

I made a backup using symantec backup V11, and it was successfull then. problem is, when I tried to restore those data, unfortunately I can't see the folders. No display of the directory that was been backup. Thanks !

5 REPLIES 5

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Can you see any backup sets on that media?

Try cataloging the media first and then check in the restore window whether folders are visible or not.

Regards....

braddock
Level 2

If you don't mind, may I know how to catalog the media?? i'm just new to this application. Thanks !

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Select the media which you want to catalog. Under media tasks you can see an option to Catalog Media. Click on that.

Also make sure that in the restore window, you haven't selected any date range. Some times it is causing problems in viewing the data on the media. If selected uncheck that option and check the media. If it resolves your problem no need to catalog the media.

Refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53236.

Regards...

braddock
Level 2

Ok. thanks for the info. Will try this one. hope this will help. will get backup to you soon.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi braddock,

Are you sure you're backing up that folder? Open up your selection list, make sure it is selected and also that it is not excluded even if it is selected...

If it wasn't selected, or is excluded for some reason, that can also explain why the folder is not on the backup!

Thanks!