Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot install windows agent. Server on flat network, no firewall rules

Gossett
Level 6

OK. i've been trying this three days. Here is the very simple error log:

WMI.png

I have checked the event viewer. so many times I can't remember. WMI is always on and it's a flat network that this server and the the server I want the agent on is on. I am totally dead in the water and I have no clue at all would could possibly be causing this. Any advice would be great, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gossett
Level 6

I figured it out. I must have missed this part in the install instructions. In going through the event viewer it was erroring out on msiscsi. Even though I don't have it connected, i had to install Microsoft iscsi. Now the agent starts up as expected. Odd.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

Does the agent install if you do a local installation? 

Copy the RAWS32 or RAWSX64 and MSXML folder from the Media Server to the remote computers local drive and run the Setup.exe.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179142

Kunal_Mudliyar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There are many reason a remote agent`s installation may fail

Corrupt WMI component

.net missing

remote registry service stopped

Sharing not enabled

credentials

DCOM components failure

UAC

Instead of wasting efforts you might want to go for a manual installation of the remote agent

Copy the

RAWSX64 or RAWSX32 (depending on the architecture)

from the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\

to the remote server.

Later run the setup.exe

Add the server in backup exec with enable trust check box.

Gossett
Level 6

OK so the local install worked however...now the remote agent will not start. I get the error 'dependancy or group failed to start'. I checked and verified all of the following except this first one:

afd.png

I cannot find, nor do I know, what AFD is. Any ideas, as this seems to be the culprit?

Kunal_Mudliyar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited

On the remote agent

Goto the command prompt with admin rights

Run this command

telnet localhost 10000 (install telnet client if not installed already)

Do you see some gibrish characters?

Gossett
Level 6

I figured it out. I must have missed this part in the install instructions. In going through the event viewer it was erroring out on msiscsi. Even though I don't have it connected, i had to install Microsoft iscsi. Now the agent starts up as expected. Odd.