cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot search catalogs in BE 11d - never any results, no matter how woldcard I go....

SSC
Level 2
I posted on here about a week or two ago, and cannot find the posting. It would be nice if someone reads these, I suppose....

I search anything in BE 11d, and get about 3 seconds of 'thinking', then the 'find now' button lights up again.
I have to do manual searches, and I can't contact Symantec to find out why.

Can BE 11d be upgraded directly to 12.5, and do all agent PCs hgavce to be touched?

Here's hoping this one doesn't disappear.
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Yes, I am busy upgrading Backup Exec 11D straight to 12.5, and it has sorted out some of my issues on sites, while opening up issues on others! But the upgrade is possible. Just make sure you leave the option to backup your data. If you don't, you have to recreate all your jobs, media sets etc.
Are you perhaps not filtering your restore list? Take it back to a date a couple of months before you want to restore from.
Don't forget to catalog your media first...if it's old, and your catalogs have expired, they won't show up.

Laters!

SSC
Level 2
Thanks, I'm more at ease now on the upgrade path.

the searching is including everything, all catlogued media -I can search oin a newly completed job, on a file I can see exists and was backed up, and it won't find it in the catalogs. I set the date from current to All files/items. I never ever get more than 3 seconds of 'thinking' and a None. as far as results.

Geoff_Vane1
Level 3
Try to search with TWO ASTERIXES

Suppose you want to find Hello

Go search for *Hello*

You will find it!

:)

HotRob
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I've tried the two asterisks when searching all Cataloged media but it still returns nothing. If i select a specific media it shows me files. :(

HotRob
Level 4
Partner Accredited

whoops posted twice, sorry.