cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication failure and directory cannot be accessed.

Amit_Dongerdive
Level 3
Hello, I am having issue in backing up a server. It is backup up all the servers just fine. But on one server I keeep on getting communication failure and directory cannot be accessed errors. I have have one successful job in like a week or so.

I would really appreciate any help.

thaks
8 REPLIES 8

Amit_Dongerdive
Level 3
Any suggestions

Amit_Dongerdive
Level 3
any help please

Amit_Dongerdive
Level 3
i would really appreciate help with this

Amit_Dongerdive
Level 3
this is an assume forum. thanks for all the help

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response.
Please let us know if your issue still persists. If yes, please refer the steps mentioned below.
If not, we will mark this case as ‘assumed answered’ and move it to ‘answered questions’ pool.

It seems that you receive the error
I f not then please mention the exact error that you receive.
If it is 0xa00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed." please check the technotes below to help you further on this:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/261831
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264464

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked 'assumed answered' and would be moved to 'answered questions' pool.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Sorry for not seeing this, this thread must have been lost in all of the "archiving thread" posts going on lately...

You can receive this error also if you have scheduled jobs which have selections containign resources which no longer exist. If you have deleted specific folders and a job targets those folders, it will fail with the "directory cannot be accessed" error. Another example would be if you rename a storage group in Exchange, or a Mailbox Store, and then run a backup which has the old names.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked 'assumed answered' and would be moved to 'answered questions' pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.