cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disk media and how to easily find data and space?

Barb_Grajewski
Level 4

I'm wating on some new disks to arrive, and in the meantime I'm trying to do backups with the 3 disks I have (RDX/RD1000, 320Gb).  Because of the holidays, the disks haven't been rotated properly, and since I only have 3 disks, I need to make sure I get a disk inserted tonight that has the most available space, or has overwritable jobs on it.

I may have set the disks up wrong...  they all have different B2D folders on them, as well as IMG folders, but the only way to tell which disk is which is to insert it, then inventory it, and figure it out that way.  This doesn't seem right, or easy.  How can I do an audit of some sort of each disk to find out what folders will be overwritten next?

Frankly, I"m still finding that using DISKs instead of tapes is a huge PITA.  The tape autoloader I could basically set up and forget about except for once a week.  The disks need changing out every day, and are very hard to keep good inventory on.  Ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Barb_Grajewski
Level 4

bump.

I still have no idea what disks have what on them, and what you see on a cartridge via Windows Explorer has no relation to what BE tells you.   Going to Media tab and trying to make sense of what is there is also useless, especially when it tells me there's 0 bytes used, but Explorer tells me the cartridge is full.