cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e0000316 - Unable to lock the Microsoft SharePoint Portal Farm

garyd1
Level 3

Hi,

We have BE2010 and Sharepoint 2007.  I am using the agent to backup the Farm.

Now, i am testing the recovery:

The sharepoint server is a Vmware VCB so i have that recovered 100%.

Now, i want to recover the DB's on the DB server and i get this message below:

The configuration DB recovers but non of the content databases.  I used to use the SQL agent to backup the DB's and i have never had an issue!

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e0000316 - Unable to lock the Microsoft SharePoint Portal Farm. You must unlock the farm topology, and then retry the job.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-790

Resource name          : \\PLATINUM\WebApplication\Content-DB 1 (PLATINUM\SharePoint_AdminContent_3a33e68a-dee5-4fcb-8a35-a33c9e1c664a)
Logon account          : gold\garyd
Encryption used        : None
Error                  : e000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
make a note of the following points when perforing redirect restore 
- databases can only be redirected to a different Sharepoint Farm since each database has a unique guid in the farm
- The restore target must be configured the same as the farm backed up with the same number/type of content/team DBs
- The config DB cannot be redirected
- The index DB is really not necessary to be restored since it can be rebuilt

garyd1
Level 3
Hi,

im not doing any redirection.  In our Live enviroment, we have a Sharepoint Server and a seperate database server.
In the DR enviroment i have the exact replica, Sharepoint is already working, all i want to do is put the DB's back to the SQL server which does have the same name?

Thanks

Darren_Goobey
Level 3

Hi Gary

I am having the same problem. Have you manage to restore the DB's? Symantec suggested I check the Pre-requisites for the Backup Exec Service Account. I am currently running through the following document. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75907. It might be of help.

Thanks