cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e00084f8 - network connection to the backupexec remote agent has been lost

jai23155
Level 3

hi all, i am almost given up on this issue. its been a week so far. Dell support, symantec support have been trying to fix it without luck. the problem is the backupexec working fine till some time and giving this error "network connection to the backupexec remote agent has been lost" and it looses connection to server. data is local to the server, BE installed on the same server, tape drive attached to server locally. i dont know what this remote agent is trying to do. could someone please help me. i really need to get this running. restore jobs are working fine. cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jai23155
Level 3

if someone runs into same problem, just want to let you know that in our case it was DFS replication which is culprit. deselect the folder called dfsprivate from selection list, it should work fine. thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

if the Remote Agent stops, so do your backups, and it doesn't matter if it is the local server, or a remote server.

I doubt there is much that Dell can help you with, but I'd suggest the following:

1. running a repair of the Backup Exec installation.

2. Run liveUpdate (or download and install manually) the latest patches for your version of BE.

3. Open up BEutility.exe and run a BEDB repair.

Also, make sure that the ports for the RAWS agent are opened on your firewall if you run one.

Thanks!

jai23155
Level 3

we tried all of them without any luck. now we narrowed down the problem. the backup exec is having problem to backup data drive. it is backing up the system drive, sys state, etc.. without any failure. what should i do now. 

CraigV

...deselect, and then reselect your data drive...

jai23155
Level 3

deselect and reselect...??

CraigV

...go into your selection list, and deselect the data folder/s. Once done, reselect them and run the backup again.

jai23155
Level 3

we have been creating seperate jobs everytime, still no luck. now i excluded the folder where backup gets stuck everytime and i will see what happens. 

jai23155
Level 3

if someone runs into same problem, just want to let you know that in our case it was DFS replication which is culprit. deselect the folder called dfsprivate from selection list, it should work fine. thanks