cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found.

Paulo
Level 4
Please help someone!

I am going crazy here. We have 2 policy's setup. The first policy does a backup to disk of all data mon-fri, and then after this job is complete it is meant to duplicate to tape. But the duplicate job fails every day, i need to duplcate manually. Why oh why? Surely this can run automatically?
(My max size for backup to disk files is 50GB, so it is backing up to multiple bkf files) Is this the problem?

The 2 policy does the same, except it does it backup to disk of Exchange and then it does a duplicate to tape. This duplicate also fails. (Max backup to disk size is 45GB, but that is ok because Exchange data is 40GB)

Can anyone help. I have looked at the support articles, but neither were helpful.

Thanks
Paul.

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Celone
Level 3
I have a similiar problem.  We have a number of jobs that backup data to disk and then get duplicated to tape.  However the duplication jobs fail intermittently with this error.  I have followed the instructions in the knowledgebase articles but they are no help, I always have to do a manual duplication.  I can see the disk "media" is that and cataloged (I can even restore from it) but the backup jobs refuses to see it.  I think this is a pretty major bug in BE 11d that has never been fixed.

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
I had the same problem but I've found solution. You should to delete duplication template from backup job and create it again..
When you have backup job and duplication job - backup exec collects backup sets in databases and when duplication is starting BE is trying to duplicate all sets. When for example one set is expired or deleted etc. duplication job fails with stupid information and there is very difficult to find correct solution to fix it. Try to delete duplication set and recreate it again.

marekk