cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e000fe36

dz40146
Level 3
Hi All, I know there are tones of threads traiting this issue but i still facing it , but all my Weekly full backup have been failing with this error. Each time i have to recreate the backup selection list , restart file servers and retry several time in order to have a success weekly full backup . I have enabled Microsoft Software Shadow copy,set a Pre-command to stop sqlwriter,set open file backup when Advanced Open File Option is not used to never and also add a filter in McAfee Antivirus. I'm running Backup Exec 12.5 (W2K3 Entreprise Edition) with Advanced Open File Agent installed on file server. Log Error: e000fe36- Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details. For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65078 WARNING: "E:\mehsl1\MEHSL1_E_Drive056.v2i" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. The item E:\mehsl1\MEHSL1_E_Drive056_i007.iv2i in use - skipped. V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found .cannot backup directory V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes. Can post complete log if required. Any Help is appreciated. Regards
9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Turn off AOFO during the job and try again.

Thanks!

dz40146
Level 3

Hi,

Turn off AOFO mean uncheck this : Jobs Properties -> Advanced Open File -> uncheck the option " Use Advanced Open File Option",then run the job.

Regards

CraigV

Hi,

That is exactly what it means. Doing this means that BE uses Microsoft's VSS (normally) writer to snapshot the database during the backup.

AOFO is known to cause some issues during backups of databases, and is the first thing support will tell you to turn off before trying a backup/restore operation again.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The corrupt file in your error message is a Ghost image file.  You should turn on AOFO to backup this flat file.  As Craig said, AOFO should be off if you are backing up databases, but it should be ON if you are backing up flat files.  If need be, have two separate jobs: one to backup databases (AOFO off) and the other to backup flat files (AOFO on).

Just to rule out actual file corruption, you should run "chkdsk /f" (the /f is important) on the volume which the file resides.

dz40146
Level 3

Hi All,

Last night , i ran a full monthly Backup of our file server (Flat file with AOFO disabled with success (CraigV suggugestion),issue resolved?this is the solution? i don't  know coz as i said in the past some times it worked well and few other times is corrupted data encoutered errors e000fe36. 

I have few others Monthly schedule   (File servers) backup for tommorow evenning , i will launch theme with AOFO disabled and i will keep you informed.

PKH ,all my Database backups are success (Sql&Oracle), except the file servers,and i am sure that my data are not corrupt (ive checked file by file also run chkdsk/f cmd , also the list of the corrupted files change every failed backup).

Attached  log file of failed job.

Regards

CraigV

Hi,

If you have the agents for those database files (and I'd suggest maybe looking into this), you can split your data and database backups off from each other by following my article on this below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/backing-databases-and-files-same-tape-separate-jobs-using-backup-exec

Thanks!

dz40146
Level 3

I have already separated selections and jobs for my file servers (flat files ) and my problem is this error :

e000fe36- Corrupt data encountered.

can you help please.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As I said before, for flat files, YOU NEED TO TURN AOFO ON. Having AOFO on will take care of your corrupt file problem.

Axel_H_sken
Level 4

Hi all, 

I am only backing up flat files (copy of Databases and .TIB images). And I am running into the same problems (Error Message E000FE36)
I tried to turn AOFO on or off - the result is always the same. I only get the error message with the differential jobs, the full jobs work (I assume)
I am using Backup Exec 2012.

Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance

/axel