cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notification

Bryan_Acain
Level 4
Hi,

Is there a way we can send email notification using groupwise email application?

Just like assigning in SMTP

any ideasnull
13 REPLIES 13

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please elaborate us more on the issue..

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bryan_Acain
Level 4
Our client is using groupwise email system instead of Microsoft Exchange.
would it be possible for the veritas BE to send notification of the backup job result?null

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

The following technote describes the ways in which notifications can be sent:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253178

Which groupvise email system are you using?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Bryan_Acain
Level 4
Hi Priya,

Thank you for your response but unfortunately the link you gave is not helpful for me. I've been working most of the BE in our client infact we almost have 28 clients running on veritas backup and we dont have problem with email notification after the job finished because they are using Microsoft Exchange so its easily to configure the email notification by the use of SMTP or MAPI . The only problem is we have also one client who used GROUPWISE email system and I'm not familiar with it on how to configure groupwise protocol in Veritas email notification.

Any ideas there...

nullnull

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
On wich platform are you setting up the email notification, Windows server or is it on Netware?

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Message was edited by:
aravind kondapalli

Bryan_Acain
Level 4
Here's the details:

The backup device reside at their Domain Controller Server running on Windows 2000 server. This machine also have installed the GroupWise Email Application.
because the client is using novelclient.

thanks

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

There are no known issues of Backup Exec's email notification
with GroupWise SMTP server. However this notification can be configured with Backup Exec for netware.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thomas_Croft
Not applicable
I had the exact same problem and after a lot of red herrings I've managed to fix it.

What put me onto this solution was that no messages were reaching the GWIA (GroupWise Internet Agent), suggesting that messages were being blocked before they reached it....

In my case it was McAfee VirusScan Enterprise causing the problem, I daresay that this problem will occur on other AV products too.

For McAfee :

Right click the systray icon and click 'virusscan console' double click the 'Access Protection' task

Look for port 25 in the ports column, highlight it and click 'edit'.

Under excluded process you will need to add beserver.exe

Click OK, and you should find your alerts will now send without being blocked.

Apologies to the mods if mentioning rivals products is frowned upon, sorry!

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Could you Update us on the issue?

Thanks

Bryan_Acain
Level 4
Hello Guys,

I still have ask more info on this.Below is the details of the setup:

The server is running on windows 2000 and this server the backup exec installed also we use symantec norton antivirus not mcafee anti virus. The only problem I mean is how the setup of groupwise email applicaton be configured on the BE email notificatio, sorry to ask this because I dont have any idea what the groupwise email use. Like exchange we can use smtp to configure on the BE

anyone knows?

Thank you for your aniticipated response.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

The Groupwise email notification can be configured with Backup Exec for netware.

Thank you,

Shweta

txtech1997
Level 4
I tried this and it worked.  But the next time I noticed the issue, that day or the next, I would go back into McAfee and beserver.exe was gone from the list.  I would add it back and then I would check later and it was gone.  Any ideas?

Andrew_Styler
Level 4
It could well be that you are running Protection pilot / EPO and this is resetting the exclusion you configured.

You would need to make the change in PP/EPO for that machinepolicy for it to stay active.

But i could be talking rubbish.