cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: 0xe000846b

Ryland_Deakin
Level 3
I am currently running Backup Exec 10d SP2 running on a Windows 2003 SP1 server which backs up various different servers all of which are Windows 2003 SP1. This particular problem is happening when backing up mail boxes on a Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1 server.

Often when doing a mailbox backup, it backs up some mailboxes(anything from 2 to 200), but then it gives an error and stops. Its not just stopping on a particular mailbox, it seems to stop on random mailboxes and fails the backup. I've tested the network connection between the boxes which all seems fine and we dont get any sort of network connection problems during the day, so I'm not sure why it fails...

Here is the log, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :) I've used * to block out the surname of this person for security reasons.

Job ended: 11 March 2007 at 02:51:08
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

Backup- LO-MAIL-01The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine LO-MAIL-01. The machine could not be found on the network.
The Media Server will fall back on the local agent to try and complete the operation.
Unable to attach to \\LO-MAIL-01\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.
Backup- \\LO-MAIL-01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to file David ******** Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresBrand Awareness Advent Quiz.
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to file David ******** [d******Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresBrand Awareness Advent Quiz.
0 REPLIES 0