cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on backup agent for linux

Giovanni_Colapi
Level 3
I've installed backup agent on a linux machine (rhel 3.0), bau every backup failed qith the following error: Unable to attach to SRVTOAPPS_1021/.
V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.

Unable to attach to SRVTOAPP_1021/root.
V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.

I've re-installed it for more times, but the result is the same. Backup exec 10.0 rev 5520

Thanx
5 REPLIES 5

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
-Please verify that the remote agent version is the same as the backup version.
-Ensure that you have entered a valid license.
-Check if port 10000 is open on both the servers.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Giovanni_Colapi
Level 3
The version is the same, the code is valid and the ports are open. I've notice that the backup started, but at a certain amount of Mb it finish incorrectly (always at 142 Mb).
Ther's a method to force linux backup agent to do log?

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello Giovanni,

What version of Linux are you using?

Try adding the IP and the server name of the Backup Exec server in the HOSTS file of the Linux machine.

Also add the IP and the servername of your Linux server to the HOSTS file on the Backup Exec server.

Restart both the Backup Exec as well as Remote Agent for Linux server service.

Then try running a small backup.

Hope this helps !

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Giovanni_Colapi
Level 3
Thanx. I've called support on phone. I discovered that i've used a wrong client.

Thanx a lot

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Giovanni,
Thank you for keeping us updated, and sharing the solution here.
- Regards