cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBS Server + Backup Exec

Chris_Gerrard
Level 4
Hello,

A client of ours is currently using Small Business Server and a Travan tape drive and are experiencing some problems when using the built-in ntbackup. The problem stems from Travan tape drives being able to handle multiple tape formats and SBS detects the wrong type (it is registering MiniQIC tapes when they are using Travan). SBS has no way to alter this and the backups are failing constantly.

My question is... if we used Backup Exec would we still encounter this issue?

Thanks and regards,
Chris G
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

In case the device has any problems, Backup exec too might not work well with it. Verify if there are any errors in the Windows event logs that correspond to the device.

You can try to use it with Backup exec and if you received errors, it could mean that the device has problems. You will need to then contact the hardware vendor.

Revert in case you need further details on this.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Carl_Harrison
Level 3
Hi Chris

I was scouting the forums with issues to travan tapes and I noticed yours, I was given this link for a MS hotfix on your issue hope it helps, it was irrelivent in my case,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823820

cheers

carl

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Chris,

Let us know if the earlier provided solution has helped you in resolving the issue. Update us on the same.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.