cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange mailbox restore with GRT & incremental Backup

support_Thinfac
Level 3
Hello ,
I 've configured a weekly full backup  (to disk ) on sunday & a Daily incremental backup (to disk) for every day of the week   .
the GRT option is availabale in  in the  exchange section of  backup job properties  for theFull backup
the GRT option is   grayed out   in the  exchange section of  backup job properties  for the incremental backup
I'm only able to restore mailbox from the full backup . not from an incremental backup.

do I have to inderstand that GRT is only possible  for Full backup and is not possible for incremental backup  ?

Thanks

Phil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
Maybe you are trying with a regular job. Incremental and Differential backup types using GRT are available only when you configure backups using a policy, not within the regular backup jobs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
Maybe you are trying with a regular job. Incremental and Differential backup types using GRT are available only when you configure backups using a policy, not within the regular backup jobs.

support_Thinfac
Level 3
OK ,
thanks for the hint
I'll try it with policy  

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Nope, that isn't the solution...I was able to set up an incremental job and select the Information Store. That was a stand-alone job...not a GFS policy.
If you cannot select it, then there is something else that is wrong on your side.

Can you please post the steps you went through to create the job?

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
@CraigV: You would not be able to select Incremental/Differential and also GRT under the Microsoft Exchange tab of Backup job properties. You have to go through a policy for the same.

support_Thinfac
Level 3
Hi  Craig ,

I just made :
-new backup job
- select the exchange server in the server tree (actually it is a server under  "user defined " )
-  in the exchange section ,  select incremental logs (flush comited logs) at that moment the GRT  is becoming grey and unavailable.
may be inmportent info : it is exchange 2003

thanks

Philippe

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
Just to add, till Backup Exec 12.5 you had the option of only Full & Incremental backups for Exchange GRT. With BE 2010, you can do differentials also.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...I see what you mean. Interesting. I guess with Incrementals, that would be the same as GRT in a way...it would only back up changes made since the previous backup...