cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting V-79-57344-65084 on servers running SQL, but not backing SQL up

ilovebsod
Level 3

since upgrading from 10d to 11d then to 2010 several of our servers running SQL instances (mostly 2005 Exp) are getting this error.  I've tried editing the selection lists to remove the SQL directory (we're backing this up via SQL), but still the jobs fail.

I've run through the solutions in this article

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH72444&actp=search&viewlocale=en_U...

With the exception of adding the necessary agent licenses (we have no need to back up SQL thru Backup Exec).

Any other advice or tips?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you post the job log

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I've tried editing the selection lists to remove the SQL directory (we're backing this up via SQL), but still the jobs fail.

You don't really need to exclude the complete SQL directory.  If you do, you will need to re-install SQL in a DR situation.  BackupExec should skip the database files via AFE (Active File Exclusion)

What you neened to ensure is that the SQL databases are removed from your selection list(s)

Try creating a new Selection List, specifying only shares on the SQL server

ilovebsod
Level 3

it's a pretty big job, many servers.  here are the errors.  if you need the entire log please LMK.  thanks!

Job Completion Status

Job ended: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 10:27:55 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See Job Log for details.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65084

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup
V-79-57344-65084 - Before you can back up this resource (REDSERVER), you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent.
For information about how to obtain a license key, go to the following URL:
https://redirector.symantec.com?src=inpdt&pdt=be&action=t

A selection on device \\REDSERVER\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

Backup- REDIT
V-79-57344-65084 - Before you can back up this resource (REDIT\SUP), you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent.
For information about how to obtain a license key, go to the following URL:
https://redirector.symantec.com?src=inpdt&pdt=be&action=t

A selection on device \\REDIT\C: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\REDIT\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

ilovebsod
Level 3

I need to backup the entire server except for the SQL database on it.  Specifying just shares will leave a lot of data out of the backup.  Also I'd like to get sysstate of the servers as well. 

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Specifying just shares will leave a lot of data out of the backup

Not if you specify the Admin Shares (C$, D$ etc

ilovebsod
Level 3

makes sense, I'll give it a shot.  thanks!