Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to achive from duplication

ramircar
Level 3
Partner
With BE12.5  
I have scheduled jobs that run at night. To disk. Because to be faster. and during the day, I want to move to tape.
At this time I do these jobs for duplication to tape and then have to delete the source(disk) manually. Duplication is therefore not  "ARCHIVE" option
I have another way to do this more automatic?
thank.-
6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
You could play around with a script that deletes those *.bks files just before the next backup runs.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
In addition to scripting something up to manually delete the BKF files, you could set the OPP of the media set so that they can be overwritten/reused after  an appropriate period  (6 hours, 1 day, 3 days etc)

Why doesn't the Archive Option work?

ramircar
Level 3
Partner
Hi, Ken:
             In BE12.5, No exist "Archive" option in duplication.
 Because "Archive" is only available with backup jobs.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Best option for you to delete the files, is to set overwrite protection period on your media set of the source backup job, so that the job overwrites media whenever it needs to. In your situation, go ahead and set overwrite protection period on your media set to 1 day. Also, browse to tools-> options and "media management" in Backup Exec console. Set the media overwrite order to "Overwrite recyclable media before scratch media". This should help.
Please mark it a solution if this helps.
Thanks

ramircar
Level 3
Partner
Thank you all !!!!!!!

ramircar
Level 3
Partner

Thank Hemant,
                            Your recommendation is the same recommendation which is implemented on the last Friday in my client.
And makes me happy to know that we are many who think the same thing .-