Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to exclude cookies in exceptions or delete

risingflight143
Not applicable

Hello everyone, i am using symantec backup exec 2010 for exchang 2007

i am getting backup successful with exceptions

because of these below files are not being backuped up ,

so how do i add these below files to exception or is it safe to delete these cookies

Media used             : LTO000002File is in use         
: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\administrator@ad.yieldmanager[2].txtFile is in use         
: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\administrator@adrevolver[2].txtFile is in use         
: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\administrator@atdmt[1].txtFile is in use         
: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\administrator@doubleclick[1].txtFile is in use         
: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\administrator@media.adrevolver[1].txtFile is in use         
: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\administrator@microsoftwindows.112.2o7[1].txt

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Make sure you have AOFO selected in the backup Job properties

you can Either do one of the following step

a) exclude [C:\Users\<username>\Local Settings] junction points from the backup selection list
b) uncheck [Back up files and directories by following junction points]

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you do turn on AOFO, make sure that you seperate your Exchange backup from your file backups.  It is not recommended to use AOFO when backing up Exchange or any databases.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well you could use wildcards in the Exclusions list to block them out - can be tricky to get the syntax correct however.

Note I suspect your real issue is that users are logged in during the backup and there are some files that even AOFO cannot handle if a user is logged in.