cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restore backup exec 15 deleted jobs

masdoud_gh
Level 1

I mistakenly deleted backup exec jobs And I'm looking for a way to restore backup exec jobs, i recover database from BEUtility using this recover method : "Drop Existing Database And Reload From Backup", but my jobd not restore, i have successfull backup from backup exec in last night and restore drive C but Nothing has changed , please help me to restore jobs.

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As the backup file (BEDB.BAK) gets recreated every day - if it got recreated AFTER you deleted the jobs then you won't be able to restore them - unless you have an older copy of the BEDB.BAK

However - I would be very wary of recovering an older BEDB.BAK when you have run other backup jobs since - because

1) The newer job history and job log information will be missing

2) The effect on Data LifeCycle Management if you backup to disk or deduplication, is unknown (but you will almost certainly have issues)

3) The media inventory will be out of date compared with the latest information

As such you are probably going to have to look at the job logs for the jobs you deleted and manually work out what they were doing before recreating the jobs (or install BE on another box and load the older BEDB.BAK and it's encryption key onto that server so you can look at the job configs before manually recreating the jobs on the production server)

How do we restore the jobs then? I haven't even found thise BEDB.bak file yet, but I will eventually... Once I do, how can I have my deleted jobs back?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If using beutility recover my database (from backup) does not get your jobs back then that probably means that the backup of the databases is newer than the date you deleted the jobs and if that is true you cannot restore your jobs (unless you have a backup of the BEDB.bak from an earlier date that yoiu can put back in the data folder before running beutillity again.