cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install remote agent without domain?

Mike_Kauspedas
Level 3
Is it possible to install/push the remote agent to a Windows server without having the server on a domain?
6 REPLIES 6

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
Yes- you'll need to create a local administrator account on the workgroup server. Ideally, you can use the same username and password as what backupexec uses within your domain. And of course, both servers must be able to resolve the network name of each other- create hosts file if not.
You then can go through the Veritas remote Agent Installation and 'Add Remote Computer Manually' supplying the username, password and the local server name as the domain for the credentials.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Yes, You will have to provide the admin account of the computer in the workgroup in which you want to do a push install of the remote agent. If the remote agent push installation doesnt work then you may want to try doing a local install.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258982

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Kauspedas
Level 3
Thanks for the suggestions. Both these servers are on no domain what so ever. I am trying to push the remote agent to a server on the same workgroup (although the workgroup should make no difference correct?). When I try and connect with the username and password it denies access. I am positive the uid and pwd work as I can remote in to the server, the user is also an administrator. I have even created the same user on both servers to no avail. Is there anything else I must do? I am using Backup Exec 10d TRIAL version. Thanks

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
Please verify that when you push the agent, you supply the computer name of the server you're pushing TO in the 'Domain' field name. By default it will be the computer name of the BE server you're pushing FROM (which would cause a access denied error message).

Using the same username & password on both servers is the smart way to go. Verify you can login with the BE service account on the BE server and can map a drive to the other client server without being prompted for credentials.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
hello,

Please let us know if the above mentioned response has helped resolve your issue. if the problem persists, do revert.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Wilson_Chong
Level 4
Employee
Hi,
I also encounter the same problem. I create the same user in the backup server and the remote server. I can map a drive from the remote server to the backup server. But when push the remote agent, always got "Access denied" error. I also manually to add in the registry key for the "Admin Share" mention in http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/282609.htm, but still no way...