cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iomega RevDrive Problem

Michael_Hering
Level 2
I am having difficultly getting my organization's 35GB RevDrive ot work with VERITAS 9.1 SP2. I have setup the drive per VERITAS's instructions (i.e. Setup to Backup-to-Disk Folder, etc.) and our backups still do not want to run.

What happens is when a backup job starts it remains "queued" indefinently.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this issue?
4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Hering
Level 2
I believe that I discovered the cause of our backups hanging in queue and that is Symantec. By disabling Symantec Realtime Protection our backup to our RevDrive works fine.

Now, my only questions is what is the command that I can insert into our backup jobs to disable realtime protection prior to the job running, and then re-enable the protection after the job completes?

Anyone?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You can run pre and post commands by means of a batch file in order to start and stop the services. For more information on that, refer to the following technotes:

Title: How to execute batch files and executables (pre- and post- job commands) before and after a backup via the Backup Exec GUI
http://support.veritas.com/docs/240664

Also check the following technote:
Title: Available parameters for pre- and post job commands in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0
http://support.veritas.com/docs/259941

Hope this helps. In case you have some more questions regarding this, do write back to the forum. However if do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Regards.

Michael_Hering
Level 2
Thank you for the previous information; however, my question has more to do with the specific command to disable/enable Symantec's RealTime Protection.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The command for stopping services from the command prompt are netstop and netstart.

That is as much As we can tell you if you wish more specific help on symantec commands please contact Symantec support for the same.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.