cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied to remote agent error!

Dave_Garber
Level 3
Okay, I've been dealing with this for a while now and it's getting old. If I create a backup job on server X and then at some point server X is retired, goes offline, blows up, whatever and it's replaced with server Y, the job still looks for server X despite the fact that I've edited the job to point to server Y. There are no options to DE-select the offline/destroyed/blowed up server since it's no longer on the network so consequently, Veritas keeps looking for the server and reporting an error in the job log.

How do I tell this software to STOP looking for a server that is no longer in service without having to delete the job and recreate it? When this system was only doing a few jobs, it was little more than a nuisance to delete and recreate the job. But this system is now very busy and the method of deleting a job and recreating it just to get Veritas to STOP looking for a dead server is no longer a viable option. Anyone have any idea how I can de-select a dead server?!?!
2 REPLIES 2

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

To deselect a server that you are no longer using please deselect the server from backup job properties-view format-text view delete the server.
Please see the technote for more information on this
http://library.veritas.com/docs/276908

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Dave_Garber
Level 3
THANK YOU!! I can't believe I never noticed that before... Much appreciated!