cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job fails with error V-79-57344-33967 when backing up a Solaris box

ydris
Level 3
I have ralus installed on Solaris 8 and I successed to perform some backups successfully, however when backing up the full system the following error will happen:
V-79-57344-33967 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory  (a random directory) and its subdirectories. the failled directory is never the same, and when I check after the backup finished, this directory doesn't exist.
Does backup exec try to backup innexistant files and directories, or maybe these files/directories were deleted before the backup job finished?
My main concern is that it causes the entire job to fail.
I've already checked http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/275395.htm but I'm not trying to backup a NFS mount point.

Any idea how to solve the problem? or at least how to tell backupexec to keep running after an error?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

ydris
Level 3
anybody using backupexec 11d to backup solaris servers?

Symantec_Empl1
Level 4
Hello Ydris,

Whenever Backup Exec first starts to backup an entire drive or directory and all subdirectories, using the RALUS agent, it enumerates all of the subdirectories.

In the scenario you described, it is possible that some of the items flagged for backup may have been deleted after the initial enumeration.

Currently we don't have a work around to prevent the job from being flagged as a failed.