cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large job crashes on verify

ntewes
Level 3
Hello
I am pretty new to backup exec and am having troubles backing up my exchange server. I am running backup exec 2010 on a 2008 r2 server trying to backup exchange 2008. This job was running successfully on a nightly basis(about 7 hours) for almost a month then it would just fail. Some nights it would fail giving an error to clean the drive and some nights it will run, then verify for 8 hours then fail.

I am using a new 40 slot tandberg t40 library and I put a cleaning tape in, which BE put in the default cleaning media set. When I run a cleaning job the slot that the tape is in never gets loaded but the cleaning job finishes successfuly.

After I run the cleaning job the exchange backup completes successfully for one night then back to the same problem.

Now I just kind of want to start over on my tapes since a few of them are randomly set to offline and I cant seem to force them online. When I try to just rescan all of the slots nothing seems to happen other than an error to insert a tape into slot 40 which is where the cleaning tape is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nick Tewes
2 REPLIES 2

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi Nick,
I do not know if I understood your issue.
If you do not clean the drive your exchange backup fails, am I right?

what happens to other backup jobs?
How old are your tapes?
Does your backup drive is all right. I think your drive have a problem?

Do you have last BE drives, and patches?

Does your job backups something else then exchange?
It's a good practices on an exchange backup, backup only exchange.

Regards,

JoaoMatos

ntewes
Level 3
All of my tapes are brand new, and it seems to rotate to a new one each day. 5 seperate jobs run in my general media set, after that the exchange job runs from a different media set.

All of my non exchange jobs can finish correctly but for some reason the exchange one has issues.

I do have all of the latest drivers and firmware update for the library.

Here are 2 logs with the errors that I have been recieving lately.

Thanks for your help.