cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legacy linux agent security

marco_di_folco
Level 3
Hi,

I'm running Backup Exec 10.1 with latest service pack.

Since I have issue with the new RALUS (cannot force my Linux systems to use the backup network, they are multi-homed), while the legacy Linux agent works fine (since it has the force_address option), is it safe to use the latter one?

Is there any known vulnerability for it?

Also, how do I check if I've installed the latest version?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

- What is the Version of Linux/ Unix that you are using?

- Have you installed the Remote agent on the remote Server and the license key on the media server?

- Try adding host file entries of the Linux server in the Host file on the Media server and the other way round.

What is the error during backup when you use RALUS for backup?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

marco_di_folco
Level 3
Hi,

I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4.

Yes, I've tried RALUS and modifying the hosts file, no luck, Backup Exec will still use the main network, instead of the dedicated backup network (backup server and all clients are multi-homed).

What I need is the force_address option of the legacy client in RALUS!

Thanks.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Unfortunately, Ralus does not bind to a specific IP address. This is not supported with RALUS.

Try inserting the IP address of media server in agent.cfg instead of host name. Also ensure that remote agent service on Backup Exec server is running as local system account. Then try performing the backup of Linux server and verify the result.

Could you also inform us what error you are getting?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.