cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

media server backup attempt fails on local disk

riverismine
Level 3
when i try to backup a local disk or folder on the BEWS it fails with the following error message,   some info about the environment:
media server: v10.0 Rev. 5520
admin console: v10.0 Rev. 5520

when i setup the backup job for local disk or folder the content show up on the right side of the GUI and i can select them,  Also, the resource credentials tests all pass successfully.  backup of the remote servers via the agent is not a problem.

Backup- BEWS
Directory was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
Directory was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 11:22:26 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

Do i need to upgrade to 10.1??

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I'd never come across this before, but see
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/263822.htm

riverismine
Level 3

when i originally searched about my issue i did come accross that artivcle and did creat that folder, but still the job fails with the same error message.  the job was also deleted and recreated as well.

riverismine
Level 3
Got a work around, i stoped the SQL Server VSS Writer service and now i can backup the local disks...  is this service really necessary???

from my reaserch i think version 10.1 sp3 fixes this issue, i may have to upgrade??? if anyone can confirm it would be great.. i really dont fell like upgrading all the agents and the DR machines to 10.1.