cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mismatched tapes

__patrick__
Level 2

we have about 100 tapes from a library that were never labeled.  some backups had spanned across 2 tapes or 3 tapes.

how do we get these tapes to match up properly so we can restore the data?

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I don;t thhink there is any way to automate it, I HOPE someone else can help you

Long way would  be to create the appropriate media sets on the new system, inventory each tape and then drag to the appropriate media set.  You would then have to catalog each tape for the data to be ready to restore

If this was before/during installation of the new system, you could have migrated the catalogs, media sets, job logs, schedules etc.  But I don't think you want to try it on a running system

__patrick__
Level 2

so all in all as long as each and every tape has been cataloged in to the new system we should be able to piece the data sets back together and get them labeled?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Should be able to.  Would have been much slicker to migrate the old database to the new server  before installing/upgrading, but you should be OK this way

__patrick__
Level 2
 i completely agree, unfortunately i was no where around when these changes took place, this is just a fancy inheritance Smiley Very Happy