cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Open File Option on Media Server

Niall
Level 2

Hello,

I have BackupExec 12.5 and am running the Media Server on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise sp2. On this machine i also have Virtual Server R2 Sp1. I am running backups with AOFO and expect my .vhd, .vmc, and .vsv files to be backed up, but any VMs that are configured for VirtualServer are ommitted from the backups.

On my remote servers i can see that the Volume Snapshot provider is installed correctly (the vps.sys is registered), but on my Media server, that driver is not installed.

The AOFO says its working properly in the job history.

When i try to run the Advanced Open File Option Wizard, it says that the Advanced Open File Opetion software does not appear to be installed correctly on \\server_name. (it says this for 3 of my 4 remote servers as well).

Is there some other configuration that i am missing? I've tried removing and re-adding the AOFO to no avail.

1 REPLY 1

Keenan
Level 3

I have been having the same problems with AOFO ever since I upgraded to Backup Exec 12.5.  I receive the same error when I run the wizard and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AOFO mutliple times without any luck.  I have tried both manually and through the wizard to install AOFO.  On some of my servers AOFO seems to be installed and working correctly but other ones do not.

I am hoping someone has come up with and solution to this problem.