cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mix 11d & 12.5 in backup SAN

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
Current setup:    multiple Win2k3 sp2 media servers, running 11D bld7170 attached to a Dell ML6020 tape library via a FC SAN. 

I have replaced one of the media servers in the SAN with a server running W2k8 R2.  I would like to install 12.5 on this server.

If I do so, will this server be able to participate in the 11D environment without messing anything up on the other media servers?  This server would not be the primary ADAMM server.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Did you set up CASO - MMS . or they are all working as standalone servers.

Alice_Stewart
Level 5

I have not set up CASO, however all media servers look to one server for the library partition information.

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 The above scenario should work if the primary server is running at higher version .    In other words , you can have primary server running at higher version but not the other way round .

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
The readme for 12.5 for CASO states that you can only run a mixed environment where the MMS servers are 1 version back, (as part of a rolling upgrdae)

SSO however in theory has to have all Primary and Secondary servers on the same version.

So the basic answer is no

There is however another problem Windows 2008 R2 is not currently supported by any released version of Backup Exec so even if SSO did not require the same version, you still would not be able to do it.

Media Server Support for Windows 2008 R2 will be provided by the next major release of Backup Exec.