cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed media - StorageTek L80 with Backup Exec 9.1 build 4691

George__Minton
Not applicable
I am considering the purchase of a new LTO drive. Generation 1 drives are at the end of life cycle and not available new.
I am considering adding a LTO 2 or 3 tape drive in a SCSI based L80 robot.
The limiting factor is the backup software.

My question is this: Does Backup Exec 9.1 build 4691 support mixed media in a StorageTek L80 robot?

I can configure slot partitions in the application because we have done that for daily and weekend jobs. If I configure another partition can Backup Exec 9.1 build 4691 work with this robot using LTO 1 tapes and or LTO 2 and LTO 3 tapes. My goal will be to upgrade all drives over time to LTO 2 or 3 when approved.

I have Backup Exec version 10.5484 on another media server and am licensed for this on both media servers. I can install this if it supports mixed media.
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Yes Backup Exec does support a mixed media library, however in that case you will have to enable the bar code rules. Most mixed libraries do have bar code rules, thus you will have to verify if you have enabled the bar code rules. Refer to pages 207-209 in the administartor's manual for backup exec 10.0 for more information. You can download it at the following link:

Title: http://support.veritas.com/docs/269777

Hope this answers your question. In case of doubts, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.