cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

msSQL affected by Installing Remote Agent?

Ricky_Carino
Level 3
Please help, when I install the remote agent into my server on which msSQL is running , the client can no longer login to the SQL server, can someone tell me why?
12 REPLIES 12

patrickkuah
Level 6
What client you referring to?
MS SQL have two modes for authentication. Did you check you using the right one?

patrick

Ricky_Carino
Level 3
The client i am referring to is the workstation that is logging in to the windows and sql server. The problem is, even the administrator account cannot login using SQL Aunthentication mode , but it can login using Windows mode. This was happened after I installed the remote agent of the Backup Exec assistant.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Can you please specify the error message when you try to logon?

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

patrickkuah
Level 6
Hm... never encountered before... Let VERITAS solve it for you ;)

Ricky_Carino
Level 3
Sir, thank you for replying... I made a page where you can view the screenshots of the error I got when I login as Administrator or any users in our SQL server. This was after I installed the remote agent of the Backup Exec trial.
here it is.

http://itserv.tcqc.edu.ph/~arcie/sql

pardon me if did it this way because i couldn't find an option of inserting a image in this forum. thank you!

Ricky_Carino
Level 3
Thanks anyway for replying to my query.

patrickkuah
Level 6
Any changes in Network setting especially the hosts or DNS???

patrick

Ricky_Carino
Level 3
no changes in network setup. i didn't change anything in my Active directory. By the way, BE is installe din another server not in the Active Directory where SQL is also installed

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please stop the remote agent service and disable it. Now try to reboot and login.and revert with the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Ricky_Carino
Level 3
Thank you!

I did it already and I did all the possibilities but to no avail.. what I did that work was, I uninstall the remote agent service, I uninstalled MS SQL Server thenI installed back the SQL Server and it did work fine now. Since I afraid that when I installed the remote agent again, I may no longer try to install it again untill unless someone could find and post here the real problem that had happend to the server.

patrickkuah
Level 6
Hi Ricky,

do you have the SQL log??? the database might be marked suspect, my colleague just faced similiar situation. We run some sql statement to mark it back as active.

patrick

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi Ricky

We suggest you to open an email case to troubleshoot the issue as it demands review of certain dignostic data which cannot be done through posts.

Please open a case with MySQL in tandem so that we can come to a conclusion faster.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.