cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netware agent

james_ellis
Level 2
I have Bexec 10 on a 2003 server, I have a netware 5.1 machine that has the remote agent installed.Tested repeatedly. Deleted and reinstalled manually. When I try and select under Remote Selections, the specific Netware server it fails saying an error occurred while connecting .. Make sure the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer is runnin

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,
You may try the following:

Edit the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts file on the Windows media server and make an entry for the remote NetWare Server.

Edit the HOSTS file on Netware server as well and add the entry of the media server.

Create a file called ADVRTMS.DAT in the SYS:BKUPEXEC directory of the NetWare server.
Using a text editor, place the IP address of the Windows Media server in this file and save the file.
Stop and then restart the Remote Agent on the NetWare server using the command BESTOP and then BESTART commands from the NetWare console.

Restart all the Backup Exec services on the media server.

The NetWare Logon Account used to run backups of the remote NetWare Server should have a Full context.The Format is ..

Regards
Padmaja

james_ellis
Level 2
Thank you, this sorted out our problem.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi James,

Revert for any further Query .. Thankup for the Update

Thank you
Gauri