cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Quantum Ultrium LTO 3 drive causes error

ryan_mcbride
Level 2
Recently added a Quantum LTO 3 tape drive to the server which we back up. I was able to run a backup on a tape, so we switched tapes for the next day. This tape will not allow a backup to happen. Here is the error message:

0xe000821e - Library error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library.

The problem is that this is a standalone tape drive, it is not a robotic library. We are using Backup Exec 10d with SP3 from Symantec and I have tried both the windows drivers as well as the symantec drivers. Nomatter what I try, this error prevents me from performing a backup.

Both the 10d and 11d supported devices documents list this drive as supported. Diagnostics from quantum's XTalk software indicate the drive is operating normally, and it performs reads and writes fine.
2 REPLIES 2

ryan_mcbride
Level 2
does anyone even read these moderated support forums? Can anyone provide me some direction on where to look for a solution here? The only other articles I come accross discuss robotic tape libraries. I'm only using a single tape backup drive.

Chris_Lowthian
Level 3
Plenty of reading Ryan....precious little help though...While I'm waiting for a hand myself I'll look at yours too.....I seem to recall this being mentioned on a thread I read a couple of days ago.