cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pb Remote Agent for Windows System

beaujoire
Level 5

Hi,

I installed a remote agent for windows system on a server ( windows 2000 so I reboot it)  but I don't see it in the Backup List in BE2010.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if it isn't on the domain, you'd need to do the following:

1. Create an account (or use an existing one) on that remote server with local admin priviledges.

2. Create the same account in Backup Exec under Network...

3. Go to your selection list, enter in the IP address in the custom selection, and then right-click the server and select the option to install the RAWS agent. You would then select the user account you created/designated in #1.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On your Win 2000 machine ensure that the Backup Exec remote Agent service is started and running in Local System Account.

Also on the remote machine go to Start>>All Prog>> Symantec>> Backup Exec REmote agent utility.

Select the PUBLISHING tab and check of the name of the Media server (Backup exec server) is listed or not. If Media server name is not added then click on Change and add the name of the Media server.

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV

Hi,

You can add it via IP address too...this gets around any DNS issues that you may have/may come up.

Laters!

AmolB

Remote Agent communicates with Media server over port#10000. Make sure no other

application is using that port.

beaujoire
Level 5

Yes, the Backup Exec remote Agent service is started and running in Local System Account.

And yes, the name of the Media server (Backup exec server) is listed.

However Publishing Interval is set on : 240 min

Can I reduce this Time ? 

beaujoire
Level 5

How can I add it via IP address ?

AmolB

In the selection list Right click on User defined selections and then add IP address. 

beaujoire
Level 5

Ok I will Try.

When I installed remote agent , a specified the login credential of the remote Server. Not the BE2010 password. 

When I add the Server to the windows servers list on BE2010 Should I specifed the login credential of the remote Server or The BE2010 local account ?

AmolB

BESA  or domain admin account.

CraigV

...I'd actually clean up that installation. Using a local account when installing the RAWS agent could be the cause of the issue.

Uninstall it completely, and then reinstall it using the same credentials as the BE service account...then try again!

beaujoire
Level 5

Ok , il will uninstall it and then reinstall with BESA account.

However when I ask you how we can push install a remote Agent on a local Server via IP adress ( not member of the domain) you answered me I will need to provide local credentials of the Windows 2000 server in order to be able to push the agent. True?

CraigV

...if it isn't on the domain, you'd need to do the following:

1. Create an account (or use an existing one) on that remote server with local admin priviledges.

2. Create the same account in Backup Exec under Network...

3. Go to your selection list, enter in the IP address in the custom selection, and then right-click the server and select the option to install the RAWS agent. You would then select the user account you created/designated in #1.

Thanks!

beaujoire
Level 5

Great it works.

Thank you.