cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem to ask?

Sia_Kah_Seng
Level 2
i used veritas backup exec 9.0 for windows servers now, i want to know this software can backup the individual outlook mail or not? Like example, the mail have a, b and c. But i only want backup a and c, can or not?
5 REPLIES 5

Sia_Kah_Seng
Level 2
can you answer my question as soo as possible? because very important......

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
No -

You can backup the entire data store
or you can backup only specific mailboxes,
but you cannot backup specific EMails

Chew_Soon_Pon
Level 2
Do U have Veritas Exchange Agent installed? I believe U can do it if U have the Exchange Agent.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

You can backup and restore individual mail message using Backup Exec version 9.0. Individual mail messages can be restored also using Backup Exec, if the backup operation was performed on Mailbox level. It is not possible to select individual mail messages for restore operation, if the backup job was run on Information Store alone.
You may refer to following technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/248654
Above technote is for Backup Exec version 8.x but you may get relevant information from it.

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sia_Kah_Seng
Level 2
hello...i heard the veritas dealer from my country said, if really backup and restore the individual email should buy veritas backup exec agent microsoft exchange, agent open file and agent discovery? I'm really confuse what i need to do....hope you can help me as soon as possible!!
Thank you