cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems winth exchange 2007

marci
Level 3
hi,
at the first time sorry about my english because the lenguajes is no my principal virtue.

I have a lot of problems with symantecback exec 11d, i took the control of all it jobs including backup task. the problem is that the older it company creates all the task and all the configuration. is my firts time using bsckup exec and i dont know how can use some thins in the apiccation.
we have exchange server 2007 and i would like to know with is the best practice to do the exchange backup. i am doing an incremental copy on week and complete on weekend.
i am asking because my incremental task its ok and the complete is failing. the error is that :"The Logon account you specified must correspond to a unique mailbox" (a000febd HEX or e000febd HEX).... i watched the documentation and i did the solution (i use administrator user and we have to hide the mailboxs that can be similiar than administrator )i need a advice to find the solution and cad do the best practice to backup the exchange server. thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Create a new account in Active Directory named : symantec with following settings:
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group and Local Admin Group if Exchange is a member server
2  : Create a Mailbox for Symantec, send a test email and oprn it in OWA to activate the Mailbox.
3  : Make sure that the Mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List.
4  : Add the account "symantec" as Exchange Server Administrator in Exchange Management Console.

Hope this helps...

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
YOu need to create a Unique account
Which should not be hidden from Gal

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Dev_T
Level 6

Just what I said....duplicate post....

marci
Level 3
thank you for de answers. the extrange of this topic is that i use the same user in an incremental backup and the task finish correctly, but when i use this user in a complete backup, tehn fail. incremental and complete backup are in a group policy. i dont know why once fail and the other one work properly.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Try recreating the job .... This might help