cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with Linux agent

Antoine_Theytaz
Level 2
I recently installed "Backup Exec -- Unix Agent, Version 5.01 Revision 5.046" on Linux Suse Enterprise Server 9 (SP3).

Unfortunately, backup exec does not see the filesystems (mount points), only the folders !

For example if I export / as "root", I see all the folders but no filesystem (mount point) at all.

Another worse issue is when I export a filesystem /data as "data", files are shown, but no subfolder at all !

I tried to change several Linux/Unix options on the Backup Exec 10d Windows server, but no way to go.

I tried also to restart the Linux agent, reboot the Linux server, refresh several times the Windows GUI, nothing works.

Can someone help ?
Antoine
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
In the backup job properties please check the option, Follow local mount points. Use this option to have Backup Exec follow local mount points when backing up data. For more information on local mount points, see your Unix/Linux documentation.
Check if the mount points are followed after checking it.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Antoine_Theytaz
Level 2
The result is the same with "Follow local mount points" option activated.

We still don't see the files the mount points at all.

Antoine_Theytaz
Level 2
I just realized that I was using an old software.

There was another software named RALUS.

Till now I tried the "legacy version" .tar file found on the Windows server in the Backup Exec 10d installation directory.

With RALUS it is going much correct/better, although I had much difficulties to find where to download it !!!