cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Configuring two drives

Larry_Brault
Level 2
I am currently running a HP Ultrium 3 on my backup server, this is on its own scsi controller card. I have a second drive a Ultrium 1 that I want to use to back up my exchange server with, I have a seperate controller card for it, now windows recognizes the drives, but veritas does not recognize both or sometimes any when they are both connected. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
In Windows Device Manager, do both SCSI cards and both tape devices show as properly installed and running?

If you shut down all BackupExec services, does NTBackup see both drives?

Larry_Brault
Level 2
Yes both cards and drives are seen in device manager. And both are seen as running. However I have not tried ntbackup yet. I will try that next and repost afterwards.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Forgot to ask the obvious -

Did you rerun the hardware wizard to add the second tape drive?

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Install the latest device drivers.

Please refer the following technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278408.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Larry_Brault
Level 2
I tried all suggested methods to no avail. Also when I do try and hook up the second tape drive, it makes it impossible to use the first. I have to disconnect the ultrium 1 and reboot to be able to use the software at all.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems you have a tape with 2 drives. Have you purchased the Library expansion option? This is required to support every additional drive after the 1st one.

Refer to the following technote for more information:

How to install the Backup Exec Library Expansion Option
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273551

Revert with details if your issue does not correspond to the above mentioned conditions.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.