cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to Validate user. Please Check user name is valid" when trying to add DLO user in a cross domain trust

Claire_Davison
Not applicable
We are currently in the process of planning an AD domain migration. There is a full trust between both domains.

The Backup Exec Server is on domain 1 and has the following spec:

Windows 2003
BE  Server 12.5 Rev 2213
Admin Console 12.5 Rev 2213
DLO Ver 3.1 Rev 3.41.32a

This is a newly built server and currently has around 50 users configured for DLO the storage location is on a file server, also on domain 1.

I am trying to add a user from domain 2 as a DLO user and am getting the error 'Unable to Validate User, Please check user name is valid"
the user I am trying to add is a domain admin user on domain 2, and has full control access to the folder on the storage location I am specifying on the file server on domain 1

I can browse domain 2 and choose the user, but receive the same error. I have also tried using the format user@domain2

I have done some searching on the forums but whilst I have found this error, I haven't found this scenario.

What I also want to know is:

1. Does BE 12.5 DLO support more than one domain account?
2. If yes what do I need to do to make this work?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Claire

2 REPLIES 2

nicole79
Level 2
I'm getting the same error.  I'm using the same versions listed above but am trying to add users from the same domain that my server is in.  I would appriciate any insight.

Thanks,

Nicole L.

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
There's been same problems before and discussion on this forum, about year ago. Solution was;

I had to contact Symantec Support and after 3 days of calls and emails, they helped me resolve the issue! The support rep. first reviewed all the DLO services running on the server and determined that everything was started. Then we went to the Windows registry:

1) Start > Run > regedit
2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Symantec > DLO > AdminConsole > User Interface
3) A new DwORD Key is added: New > DWORD Value
3) Name: SelectUserGroupValidate
4) Value: 0

I had to restart the server and I was able to add an user without any issues after that!