cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to attach to one of the drives" (a000848c HEX)

Morgan_Purel
Level 2
Hi. Im trying to backup to tape on Windows 2003 Server with Veritas Backup Exec v.9.0.4454.0 and recieve the error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error code: a000848c HEX
Final error description: Unable to attach to one of the drives.
Final error category: Resource Errors

I have checked all the possible reasons on the thread http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266177.htm and everything seems to be running fine. Versions match, passwords are correct, services are running, drives are online, but everyday the schueduled backup job fails with the error:

Unable to attach to E:.

(E: being the local drive that is being backed up)
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try creating a new account which has domain admin rights and set this account as default and try backing up E drive with this account.

�Please verify the result if the problem persists please revert.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Morgan_Purel
Level 2
Yesterday I was playing around with some of the settings. Under Tools > Login, I "replaced" the system admin account with another admin account and set it to default (I did this because there was a password set on the system admin account and the old technician forgot his password. Yeah, what a great technician.) I replaced the account so I could bypass entering the password from getting me to login to view the settings for one of the backup options. Once I didnt that, the password lock (the one he forgot) was removed and now I could see the backup options. Last night when the backup ran, it went perfect. So kind of made a new account, but instead I transfered the user settings to another one that was already made. Thank you for your help, my question is answered now.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update since the issue is resolved please let us know whether we can archive this post.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.