cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You cannot delete an active job" when job is not active

Ray_Smith_3
Level 3
I have 2 "Label media" jobs showing up in Job Setup. When I right-click to Delete, "You cannot delete an active job" displays. Problem is, there are no active jobs running.

How do I get rid of these two unwanted entries?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
5 REPLIES 5

Ben__
Level 3
In the past I have found an easy way to get Backup Exec to stop acting funny is to restart the services. Sometimes services will not restart either. If that is the case you will need to kill the instances in task manager. So:

1) Close Backup Exec
2) Ensure instances are not running in task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
3) Restart Services
4) Open Backup Exec and see if things are back to normal

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please verify in the job monitor that there are no active or scheduled jobs. If after cancelling the job the status changes to 'cancel pending' you may recycle the services.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Ray_Smith_3
Level 3
Thank you, Ben. After stopping and then restarting the services, I was able to delete two unwanted jobs.

Scott_Filler
Level 3
I get this same thing with cleaning jobs. Every time I run a cleaning job on a drive, it automaticaly puts an entry in the job setup area. If I try and delete these jobs it gives me the "You cannot delete an active job" when this job is not active. stopping and restarting the services fixes the problem, but this is very clunky.

Martim_Silva
Level 2
nullMessage was edited by:
Martim Silva