Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote server, disk to disk to tape policies

Michael_J_Pfist
Level 2
Hi There

I have 7 servers and 1 NAS device.

The NAS sucks and can only perform if there is one active stream.

On NAS i have created one folder called server backups.  i have created 7 disk selections (one per server NAS included)

I created one policy called nas backup this policy backups the OS of the nas to a the backup folder (overwriting what ever is in there) once this is done it then copies to the tape (this all works)

I then created a second policy disk to disk i.e. From my servers to the server backup folder, append - if not media abort then with the copy to tape on completetion of the disk - disk.  at the end of the policy prompted for the selection, i then selected the 6 remaining selection lists.

now i have 14 jobs

backup disk to disk NAS then disk to tape NAS
6 others disk to disk for server to tape, blackberry disk to disk to tape etc etc.

my problem is this:

first server does backup and creates 001 through 005 backup files (around 4gb each) when backup of server 2 starts it appeneded 002 and then replaced 003 and carried on till 009.  PROBLEM

am i missing something fundemental?

what i want to achieve is the following:

backup server 1 to disk then to tape, backup of server 2 to start after server 1 completes and so forcth with server 3 thru 6,5,6,7.

so the disk-to-disk quere one after each other and then complete after each server is done it then copies to the tape.

help please

regards
Michael
0 REPLIES 0