cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove tape alert respond

Stanislav_Melic
Level 2
Hello,

I have installed Backup Exec 10.0d ver. 10.1 rev. 5629 with SDLT320 on Windows 2003 server. I have configured backup job with automatic eject tape at the end.

Every time I receive remove tape alert. I have configured automatic respond to yes. I tried to setup respond time from 1 minute to 20, but the result is still same. Test job finish backup of data after 10 minutes, but job waiting for alert respond approximately next 5 hours.

I make everything, what's I have found in this forum (article 254685 and 192055), but my trouble is still here.

Could you please help me?

Many thanks

Stanley
6 REPLIES 6

kymmie__
Level 3
I installed the same version and am having the same problem. I followed the registry suggestion after seeing the configuration of the alert wasn't working from within the software application. Any help would be appreciated. We want the tape to automatically eject. Thanks.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Tape will be ejected only if the tape drive support the automatic tape ejection.

Kindly verify.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Christen_Calver
Level 2
I have the same problem. The tape will eject automatically, but it still waits for me to acknowledge the alert before it marks the job as complete. The alerts are set to auto-acknowledge, but they don't.

terry_chau
Not applicable
Hi,

I seem having the same problem.

Here is my environment :
server is running windows SBS 2003,
Tape drive: DELL powervault 110T SDLT
Backup Exec for windows 10 build 5458
Have the automatically clear alert after 1min. , respond with "Yes"

I have set the job to eject tape after job done. It does eject the tape but the job status will not complete until I click the "Media REMOVE" alert.

Any idea to help ?

Thanks for your help.

Terry Chau
terrychau@aconcept.info

Larry_Glusman
Level 3
Is there a solution for this issue yet? I am having the same problem with a new DLT drive - it ejects, but then the alert to remove media just sits there even though I set it to auto reply.

Nobody from Symantec has replied to this in a long time - do we need to post it as a new question to get a response?

Larry_Glusman
Level 3
Got a reply on my new posting of this and it seems to solve the problem.

http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/message.jspa?messageID=4457958