cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore data created by 9.1 in v10

Chris_Gibson
Level 3
i am unable to restore data from any tapes created using veritas 91. I have tried reindexing the catalogs folder and unselecting the "Use Media Based Catalogs" option, but i am still unable to complete a catalog. There are many posts regarding this issue, but none of them seem to give a definate fix. Do i have to upgrade to 10D to resolve this issue?

the message i am recieving says that the media was not listed in the catalog's media index. It tells me that everything will be fine if I run an inventory but I get the same message after a successful inventory
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
If the backup has spanned across more than one tape, please ensure that you inventory all the tapes in the backup family.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Chris_Gibson
Level 3
it is a one tape backup, it does not spam two tapes

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello Chris,

Can you see the catalog generated for this particular backup in the restore selections?

If yes,then please check if there is a red mark on them.

What you could also try is copy the Catalogs folder to some other destination/location over the network and then rename the existing Catalogs folder to .old.

Restart the services and then try restoring from that tape.

Hope this helps!

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.