cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore exchange 2007 mail live with exec 2010?

gen2
Level 2

Can I run a restore on a subfolder in my mailbox without having to log out of outlook?  will it affect anyone else on the network?

outlook2007
exch2007
exec2010
win2003 64bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Gen,

That is 1 of the beauties of GRT restores. You can restore folders/individual emails etc. without exiting Outlook.
What you MIGHT have to do though, is a quick refresh of the folder, or navigate to another folder, and then back to the folder you are restoring into to effect the change.
I just prefer it if a user exits Outlook if I am restoring a lot of folders/emails...if they deleted them in the first place, they can do it again during the restore. Also prevents them from coming back to say I messed things up. But I have done this before =)

Laters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Gen,

That is 1 of the beauties of GRT restores. You can restore folders/individual emails etc. without exiting Outlook.
What you MIGHT have to do though, is a quick refresh of the folder, or navigate to another folder, and then back to the folder you are restoring into to effect the change.
I just prefer it if a user exits Outlook if I am restoring a lot of folders/emails...if they deleted them in the first place, they can do it again during the restore. Also prevents them from coming back to say I messed things up. But I have done this before =)

Laters!

gen2
Level 2

Thanks Craig!